Wondering About Your Medicare?
How Medicare Works
Documentation we will need from the patient:
- signed Rx (+length, dx code, ordering date, settings)
- physician consult report(pre-NPSG)
- interpretation of NPSG
- Demographics(current insurance cards/information)
PAP Requirements for Medicare:
- Compliant use of a PAP is more than 4 hours per night for at least 21 nights during a consecutive 30-day period(machine does track the usage)
- Then you must have a face-to-face follow up visit with your treating physician between the 31st-90th day after starting therapy. With the exception of a BiPAP this is due between the 60th and the 90th day. your physician must document the benefit from PAP therapy.
ie: The effects of obstructive sleep apnea decreases as a result of the consistent PAP device use.